Finishing First Top Bar Hive

I added the green roof to the hive today, stapling the green plastic over the wood for water protection. I’ve been building it at mum and dad’s under their garden shelter, and mum says there have been a few scout bees looking interested at it.

To make it more appealing to the bees I’ve coated the inside with melted beeswax and rubbed lemonbalm over the inside of the roof, over the top bars and over the legs.

I’ve moved the hive up above the veg garden, onto the black plastic. The hive entrance is facing the small bit of land beyond the veg garden.

The weather today was very hot & dry ~ 19ÂșC.

IMG_20170525_183654319IMG_20170525_183659504

 

Advertisements